Thursday, May 9, 2013

I Will Kill Again haha. 12/13/11


So I got my new comp and you will never guess who it is? .............................. 
Elder Hall!!!!!!!!!!!!! The flippen best missionary on the mission! He is super legit, and this is his last transfer too, so we're gonna kick butt and finish out super strong. He is honestly the most spiritual giant I have ever met and I have already learned so much from him and it has only been 1 day ha ha. But ya, it is going to be a good last transfer for sure. We're staying in my same area and we're gonna kick some major butt here. 
So my last week with Elder Swanson was super good. He finished out dang strong and we had a way good last week together. He taught me so much and he was such an amazing missionary. It was sad to see him go, but I met his mom and dad and they are super nice. It was way cool, and they brought me so much peanut butter YES!!! ha ha. 
So this last Sunday I had one of the coolest experiences on my mission so far. I found out what true joy was, and it wasn't that i was happy for myself for something that I had done, it was being able to see the family, that the lord helped us find and used us as the tools in his hands, get up and bare their testimonies that they know that this church is true without a doubt. I have never been so happy as I was sitting there in that chapel looking up into the eyes of the family that I have come to love and respect so much, bare their testimonies. In that moment I realized what I was here for and what true joy is in this life. "Men are that they might have joy" and I can honestly say that I have experienced true joy in my life now. And then as we placed our hands on Alex's head to give him the priesthood, it was just one of the most cool things in my life. So Sunday was a good day. I was super happy that day.
So yesterday we had our Christmas party and it was so dang fun. It was the whole mission that got to come, so I got to see Elders Tanner and Pelligrini, and they are doing so good. It was so fun to hang out with them all day. They are awesome. We had a ton of fun. Each zone got together and took a story out of the scriptures and we did a little skit on it and it was so flipping funny. We all had a ball. 
And then it came to judgement hour the hour of transfers. I was so nervous and I didn't know what to expect and then they called my name and told me I was going to be companions with Elder Hall! The stud of the mission. I'm so excited for this transfer. It is going to be legit. We will baptize nations! President told Elder Hall to get me all ready to be a trainer by this next transfer because he said he might need me to train, so that is a little nerve racking, but I am guessing that I won't train by the next one, but it is going to be sweet. This transfer will be a transfer of miracles! I can already tell that we're going to get along super good. We set some sweet goals for this transfer and they are going to be some we have to really work for, but they are able to be 
reached. We're going to be working hard that is for sure and I'm super excited for that. 
Well I hope you have a great week. Thank you for everything that you do for me. Oh ya, I got a little package from the ward with a Christmas tree of paper and we hung it up on the wall. It is pretty awesome. Tell the ward thanks. I didn't get any of the other ones you said you sent too. I'm guessing they are still on their merry little way. Thanks for everything. I love you so much. Have a great week and I know I will. I will talk to you next week and then the next time we'll be talking on Skype! :)
Love, Elder Furrows
Oh ya, sorry for not putting pictures on 2 weeks in a row. I forgot my cord for my camera today, so this next week you will be getting a lot ha 
ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment